in

Cow Farts Blamed for Barn Blast in Germany

(UPI) — Emergency responders in Germany said a barn fire was caused by flatulent cows releasing methane gas around a massaging machine.

Police and firefighters said Monday they were called to a barn in Rasdorf, Hesse, to put out flames sparked when methane from the unusually flatulent cows reacted with static energy from a massaging machine designed to increase milk production, TheLocal.de reported Tuesday.

One cow was treated for burns and the roof of the barn suffered damage from the flames, police said.

Cow Farts

Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI’s prior written consent.

Written by First Arriving

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Loading…

Toledo: 48 Firefighters Have Died in Department’s 177-Year History

D.C. to Conduct Background Checks on All 1,800 Fire/EMS Employees After Multiple Arrests